Try Tryst!

Hello again! Bella Bites is back!

The first post of the semester is of one of my regular coffee houses in Adams Morgan, Tryst ($). Think of Central Perk, from the TV sitcom Friends, but even better- with breakfast all day! The ambiance and set-up of the restaurant is the best part because of the big comfy chairs and couches. The only catch is that it is impossible to get a seat! Despite the informal array of chairs, Tryst is still a full-service café with table side waiters and all.
Granola with Fresh Berries & Milk (*also offered with yogurt)
Tryst offers a variety of pastries and quality coffee drinks. They also have waffles, bagels, salads, and sandwiches (including my favorite- the Chicken Salad Sandwich with apples and walnuts). They have fun small plates, including strawberries with nutella and apples with caramel sauce.

Last time I went, I ordered the waffle. Be warned, Tryst does not serve real maple syrup! This was a deal breaker for me so I do not think I will order the waffle again. The granola was tasty and served with strawberries and blueberries.
Waffle with Fresh Berries, Whipped Cream, and Maple Syrup

Tryst is a great place to meet your friends for coffee and a snack. Go on off hours so you do not have trouble finding a seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment